Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The Book of Privy Counsel


Peace be with all who read these words. This is my first post for a new blog on contemplative spirituality, but I've been jotting down these thoughts for probably five or six years now and e-mailing them out to friends and family as "Random Thoughts of a Cosmic Hobo." Primarily, they are my ruminations on a variety of spiritual topics.

My spirituality is informed by a blend of Buddhism, Taoism, Islamic Sufism, and mystical Christianity. At the present time I am studying and commenting on The Book of Privy Counsel, written by the anonymous 13th-century English author of the Cloud of Unknowing. Future posts will give more background on this book and its rich vision of Divine Union.

Pax,
-G

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, G

I'm glad to see you do this.

If I could suggest something to you?

I'm finding your postings really hard to read - especially the italics. Consider larger type, and possibly going to bold face. The white on black is washing out. I've got a decent monitor and video card so I think there may be a problem.

One hobo to another.

C_Driftwood